|The Board of Education of the East Ramapo Central School District will fill the seat vacated by the resignation of Juan Pablo Ramirez by appointment. The term of the appointed Board member will expire at the May, 2016 school election.
Community members interested in being appointed to the Board may submit a resume or letter of interest to the District Clerk by Monday, August 31, 2015. Letters may be mailed to 105 South Madison Avenue, Spring Valley, NY 10977, or e-mailed to the clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates for Board must meet the following criteria:
• Must be able to read and write
• Must be a qualified voter of the district, that is; a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age, and not adjudged to be an incompetent
• Must be and have been a resident of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year
• May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
• May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
• May not be a current employee of the school board
• May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
Candidates must also be willing to make themselves available for a public interview with Board